“Fires Map” is a geoservice used for finding and detecting possible fires and fire hazardous situations within the territory of Russia, as well as for early notification of the interested parties.
SCANEX has been monitoring fires since 2004. The service mainly uses the technology based on the automatic fire detection algorithm using thermal satellite channels. Data from Terra, Aqua and NPP polar orbiting satellites comes to the stations own network in real-time mode. All the data is mapped thus facilitating view and search for information and related thematic layers.
Geoservice functionality allows to:
- receive and display information from satellites that helps to detect fire areas, fire edge size and area covered very accurately, as well as to monitor the fire spread;
- get a “hot spots” layer updated several times a day;
- Determine the actual land user responsible for firefighting activities, i.e. plan firefighting measures and monitor the quality of their implementation.
Solutions for organizations1. Integration of the «Fires map» into the organization's GIS, integration of fire situation data into the weather report for the region through various APIs:
- guaranteed technical support;
- sending fire alerts to the organization according to the mailing list within the territory of interest (geo-fencing alerts) – Email, SMS, CSV-reports;
- selecting contours from the database (AT, FIAS, SPNR, etc.).
- authorized access;
- adding own geodata layers;
- creating report forms and work with attribute tables.
The service provides additional information from various sources:
- FIAS addresses,
- Rosreestr (Federal Agency for State Registration, Cadastre and Mapping),
- weather information,
- database of thermal illumination sources,
- borders of peat bogs, borders of burnt out areas, borders of nature reserves,
Completed projectsThese days, the SCANEX online fire monitoring data is used for the space monitoring system of the Ministry of Emergency Situations, in the WWF project on monitoring fires in the Far East, in a special project of the Yandex Weather service, etc.